Recording, copy and search fees, as of October 1, 2016:
- For entering and recording a document, regardless of the number of pages, $30.
- For a document that assigns or discharges more than 1 instrument, $3 for each additional instrument assigned or discharged, (in addition to the $30 recording fee.)
- A copy of any record or papers $1 per page.
- A copy of any record or document page over tabloid-size paper, $3 per page.
- To certify a recorded document $5.
- For searching the records and files, on request, by the office of the register of deeds, 50 cents (50¢) for each year for which grantor/grantee searches are made, with a minimum fee of $5.
- Tax Certification: Warranty deeds, deeds that contain a covenant of warranty, land contract or assignment of land contract, must have a tax certificate
- $5 for certification of up to twenty-five (25) parcel descriptions
- Each additional parcel description 20¢ each
Total value of real property must be stated on the face of the document or a real estate valuation affidavit must be attached. Transfer tax shall be collected on the total value of the land being transferred, unless it is exempt from either or both acts; the exemptions(s) must be stated on the instrument. If the value of the real estate transferred is $100 or more, and the document is not exempt, the rate of County tax is 55 cents for each $500 or fraction thereof of value of consideration and the rate of State tax is $3.75 for each $500 or fraction thereof of value of consideration.
MCLA 48.101, 207.502, 207.504, 207.505, 207.511, 207.525, 207.526, 207.533, 600.2567