Silver Beach County Park
Silver Beach County Park is located in St. Joseph, Michigan at the mouth of the St. Joseph River. Silver Beach County Park features a clean, wide beach on Lake Michigan and public access to the South Pier. Of the Park’s 2,450 feet of Lake Michigan frontage, 1,600 feet are dedicated for a public swimming area in the summer months. Silver Beach became a Berrien County Park in the early 1990s, and many improvements have been made over the years to make it a premier tourist destination in Southwest Michigan.
The Park is open 5 a.m. to Dusk, daily. Vehicles must be out of the parking lot by 11 p.m. The Park is open year-around. The restroom facilities are open mid-May through October.
- Daily Parking Fee at Silver Beach: $6 per vehicle for Berrien County residents; $12 per vehicle for non-Berrien County residents.
- Purchase an Annual Entrance Permit for only $35.
- Parking space at Silver Beach is on a first come first serve basis.
- There is no cost to walk into the park.
* Please note: Silver Beach County Park is a County Park. The Michigan State Park Recreation Passport does NOT pertain to this County Park.
Buses, RVs, and Large Vehicles
Large vehicles, including school busses, must pay for the number of spaces taken up by the vehicle and surrounding set up, if any. $6 per parking space for Berrien County residents; $12 per parking space for non-Berrien County residents. Receipts are available. Overnight parking is prohibited. Vehicles must be out of the parking lot by 11 p.m.
PAVILIONS AND RENTAL FACILITIES
The Shadowland Pavilion and Dunes Pavilion are available to rent from mid-May through September. These pavilions are ideal locations for weddings, family celebrations, and group gatherings during the warmer months. Visit the Pavilion Rental page for more information.
Alcohol is not allowed. Portable grills are not allowed. Pets must be on a leash and remain on the sidewalk (no pets in the water or on the sand or beach). Glass containers are not allowed. View the complete list of Silver Beach Rules (PDF) for a safe visit to Silver Beach County Park.