Silver Beach County Park
COVID-19 cOUNTY PARK UPDATE:
SILVER BEACH COUNTY PARK is OPEN AT THIS TIME.
PLAYGROUNDS, RESTROOM FACILITIES, volleyball courts, and picnic tables Are closed and will remain closed until further notice.
Michigan is under a “Stay Home, Stay Safe” order at least through may 28, 2020.
Visitors can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by:
- Keeping distance from other park visitors (at least 6 feet or more).
- Wash hands before and after visiting the park - hand washing stations are NOT available at the park.
- Stay home if you or a member of your household is sick.
- Protect park staff by taking away any trash you create while at the park.
- Keep park visits short.
Remember: gatherings of people who are not a part of a single household are prohibited.
Silver Beach County Park is located in St. Joseph, Michigan at the mouth of the St. Joseph River. Silver Beach County Park features a clean, wide beach on Lake Michigan and public access to the South Pier. Of the Park’s 2,450 feet of Lake Michigan frontage, 1,600 feet are dedicated for a public swimming area in the summer months. Silver Beach became a Berrien County Park in the early 1990s, and many improvements have been made over the years to make it a premier tourist destination in Southwest Michigan.
The Park is open 5 a.m. to Dusk, daily. Vehicles must be out of the parking lot by 11 p.m. The Park is open year-around. The restrooms are Closed until further notice.
- Daily Parking Fee at Silver Beach: $6 per vehicle for Berrien County residents; $12 per vehicle for non-Berrien County residents.
- Purchase an Annual Entrance Permit for only $35, regardless of residency.
- Parking space at Silver Beach is on a first come first serve basis.
- There is no cost to walk into the park.
* Please note: Silver Beach County Park is a County Park. The Michigan State Park Recreation Passport does NOT pertain to this County Park.
Buses, RVs, and Large Vehicles
Large vehicles, including school busses, must pay for the number of spaces taken up by the vehicle and surrounding set up, if any. $6 per parking space for Berrien County residents; $12 per parking space for non-Berrien County residents. Receipts are available. Overnight parking is prohibited. Vehicles must be out of the parking lot by 11 p.m.
PAVILIONS AND RENTAL FACILITIES
The Shadowland Pavilion and Dunes Pavilion are available to rent from mid-May through September. These pavilions are ideal locations for weddings, family celebrations, and group gatherings during the warmer months. Visit the Pavilion Rental page for more information.
Alcohol is not allowed. Portable grills are not allowed. Pets must be on a leash and remain on the sidewalk (no pets in the water or on the sand or beach). Glass containers are not allowed. View the complete list of Silver Beach Rules (PDF) for a safe visit to Silver Beach County Park.